Hotel Jardin de L'Odeon, Paris, review

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself, wife, sister, and mother were in Paris April 17-25. I would like to post a full travel report at some point, but I keep putting it off, so I am forcing myself to at least give a short review of the hotel.

As the title states, we stayed at the Hotel Jardin de L'odeon on Rue Casimir Delavigne, about 1 1/2 blocks up from St. Germain des Pres. It was about a 5-10 minute walk, depending on pace, to the odeon metro stop. I booked on their website, http://www.hoteljardinodeonparis.com/ We got 2 rooms for 211 euro per night. The rooms were very clean, well appointed, and of course, small. Our rooms overlooked the courtyard. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and new looking, with the only complaint being they had no shower door or curtain, so the bathroom got soaked when you took a shower. As you will see in the pictures, there is only a short glass divider between the toilet and the tub, which didn't stop much water.

I found the bed comfortable, but I could have used another pillow. The TV was small and the channels were limited (CNN and some French channels) but we only had it on at night before we went to bed. There was a mini fridge and safe in each room.

My wife and I were in room 21, which had a double bed and a desk. My sister and mother were in room 22, which had 2 twin beds. Their room seemed to have a little more walking room, but I don' think it had the desk.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The hotel does have an elavator, which can hold about 4 people, or 1 person and their luggage. We arrived early on the 17th, and they let us put our luggage in a room downstairs till our rooms were ready. The breakfast was, I believe, 12 euro per person, expensive in my view, so we ate there only on our last day, since the shuttle would be picking us up at 8am.

On that note, we used Airport Connection shuttle service to and from the airport.
http://paris-airport-shuttle.discove...et/index.shtml

We booked a private shuttle so they were suppose to be waiting for us outside of customs, holding a sign with our name on it. We were the last ones off the plane, and the shuttle from the plane to the airport was very slow, so by the time we got our luggage and went through customs, we were fairly late. There was no driver waiting on us, so I called the number they provided, and they immediately sent the driver back to us. He found us about 10 mintues later and we were on our way into Paris. The shuttle back to the airport was there on time and got us to the airport in about an hour. Both drivers were professional and efficient.

I would would recommend both Hotel Jardin de L'Odeon and Airport Connections for anyone going to Paris. Hopefully I will force myself to write a full trip report sometime soon. The following link has some pictures of the hotel room and some food pictures.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/jjohnson...ris/hotel_food

Old May 24th, 2007, 05:51 AM

Thanks for posting so many photos at the other site. Photos of hotels, especially, showing all the details, are so helpful. Very nice pictures of food, even though some of the dishes were half eaten before the photos were taken. That would certainly be me, too!!
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Cynthia.

I was having a hard time remembering to take a picture before started eating
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:03 AM

Thank you for the mini-report. I think this would be a very nice hotel for mke to book for my mother sometime.

It's nearly lunchtime in California now and your photos are killing me!
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:42 AM

I just finished lunch, am full, but your pictures are making my mouth water.

Thanks for the review.
Old May 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM

great shots; I just returned & my hotel
had the same 1/2 divider shower too!
BTW, those bed shots show 4 pillows on
the bed & you needed more?
Old May 29th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

I am used to 2 nice and fluffly pillows, theirs were a little on the thin side. The picture is a bit deceiving, once I laid my head on the pillows, they deflated
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:09 PM

And you didn't ask for more pillows ? Or they were unavailable ?
I have an orthopedic bed at home but when I'm at hotels I need at least 4 pillows if they are fluffy