Dublin to Faro need help getting to Portimao

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am booked on Aer Lingus from Dublin to Faro in August. I changed my booking to leave on flight before noon to give more choices getting transportation from Faro airport or city to Portimao and am having difficulty booking bus ticket. I only need one way ticket as I will travel from Portimao to Lisbon by bus. I have been to Portimao previously and choose to stay there because my hotel is near center and I can walk from bus stop when I do day trips and visit beach. Will be glad to hear if anyone has suggestions. Prefer not to pay over Eu 70 for private driver. Thank you. Kate
Old Jun 11th, 2019, 03:58 PM

Have you looked at the schedule here?
https://eva-bus.com/index.php?lang=uk

Eva runs the service between Faro and Portimão but the bus departs from the downtown bus station rather than from the airport. Our taxi from Faro airport to the Faro bus station in November cost €11.
Old Jun 13th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Bus from Faro airport or city to Portimao

Maribel: Thanks, I did look at Eva as traveled on their buses previously. The schedules are not showing mid August at this time, but will check in a few weeks for updates. I understood there was a shuttle service from Faro airport that would drop me off in Portimao and tried to book a ticket but had problem with my credit card (which is Euros) which always worked but they need a cell phone number to send a code number to complete booking so not able to proceed. If I got service from airport it would be more convenient as will have luggage. I like staying in Portimao as I can walk to hotel and bus ticket office.
Will also need to travel from Portimao by bus to Lisbon and continue to Fatima so will need to book buses later.

Any advice most welcome and appreciated.
Old Jun 13th, 2019, 12:17 PM

I don't know if this would work for you, but you might check out blablacar.com It is a ride-sharing site where you can book rides usually quite bit cheaper than a private driver for example. My nieces and nephews use it all over France and they do have rides within other countries including Portugal. You probably will need to have a working cell phone because mostly people connect via texting and also the ride availability usually gets posted sort of last minute-maybe a week out for example. But I thought I would at least mention it as an alternative to bus and private driver.
Old Jun 13th, 2019, 04:37 PM

Cavangal,
Have you checked Funny Orange Transfers or Yellow Fish or Algarve 365 (the later offers private transfers not shared)?
I ask only because they've been recommendations by locals and regular visitors on the Faro/Portimão/Alvor TA forums.
https://www.yellowfishtransfers.com
Funny Orange Transfers: Services
With FOT you can book in advance but have the option of paying the driver.

This is a long shot, but you could also ask the TA Destination Expert for the Algarve forum named "cubsur". He is the absolute master regarding getting around the Algarve and on to Spain by public transportation. He taught me about the Faro airport to Sevilla Alsa bus.
His web page is
Travel options between the Algarve and Spain by bus or train