Notices

Dublin Sites, Fun and Food

Jan 7th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Dublin Sites, Fun and Food

Hey, fellow travelers! My bf and I are planning a weekend in Dublin (Saturday early AM - Monday PM) and as newbies to the city wondered if you could recommend some of the best/favorite things to see, do, eat and drink. Of course there are travel book and tripadvisor recs, but I've always had the best luck here, when people are able to tailor their advice to the travelers.

We are mid-30s, active and like to have fun. We live in New York so are used to being around a lot of activity, and we love good cocktails and good food. We'd love to have a mix of a couple "must-sees" and some things that are culturally special (ie special pub, fun live music, popular restaurant, etc.). We definitely would like to do the Guinness tour and maybe a whiskey tasting? I'm also think about touring Kilmainham Gaol for something unique?

Wondering if you guys had any thoughts of things you loved and/or are particularly special? We can't wait for our trip - thanks in advance!
Jan 7th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

PS - Beyond special sites, would be interested in nightlife suggestions as well. Thanks all!
Jan 7th, 2016, 03:03 PM

We always do a pub crawl on our own and you can't go wrong there. We are doing the literary tour next trip.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ry-odyssey.cfm

This trip report has me wanting to do it and someone just posted about doing the dinner at the Brazen Head "An Evening of Food, Folklore, and Fairies" dinner theatre.
Glasnevin is rich with history and if you can find the gate to the Gravedigger's pub they are reported to pour the best Guinness in Ireland.
https://www.facebook.com/JohnKavanaghTheGravediggers
Feb 8th, 2016, 05:11 AM

Where are you staying, and I'll have a think about pubs / restaurants around there?

Search this Thread