My wife and I will be in Dublin for 5 nights in late October. My wife is running a marathon in Dublin as a Fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, so we have events in the city several days and will need to stay in Dublin each night. However, we will have three free days to explore. We'd love to see some castles and maybe a bit of the countryside, but will need to be within a distance where we can return to Dublin at night. Can anyone make any recommendations of things to do both within Dublin and outside (given that we can't stray too far)? Also, can anyone recommend any good tours (preferably private)? We'd really like to get a feel for some of the country's history and beautiful scenery, but I'm not sure how much of that is within a reasonable proximity from Dublin.
As always, we greatly appreciate any feedback.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for first trip to UK
- 2 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 3 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 4 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 7 land vs river cruise
- 8 10 days in europe
- 9 European honeymoon help needed
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Portugal
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 16 Where to stay in Naples?
- 17 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 18 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 19 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 20 Browsing Barcelona
- 21 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Croatia in mid/late October
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome