Dublin for 5 days mid October

Aug 22nd, 2013, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Dublin for 5 days mid October

Hello everyone,
My fiancé and I will be in Dublin October 13 leaving the 18. This is our first time going to Ireland ! We will not have a car and are going to use the bus / train to get around and are spending all five nights in Dublin. We would love some advice on things to do in Dublin as well as nearby cities to visit and good authentic places to eat ! We love seeing old heritage, architecture, beautiful sites, good food and drinks! , and going off the beaten path. We also love the night life since we are both 23 .

we already have an idea of things we want to do but are looking for more suggestions !
- St. Patrick's church, Christ church cathedral, St. Stephens green, Malahide castle, Dublina, Guinness storehouse and the Jameson distillery, kilmainham gaol, Glendalough and Kilkenny.

Any advice is much appreciated !
Aug 22nd, 2013, 09:07 AM

Dublin Castle/Chester Beatty Library
National Museums of Archeology and of Decorative Arts
Trinity College tour/Book of Kells
Powerscourt Gardens
Aug 22nd, 2013, 10:57 AM

I'd add a visit to Howth to do the Cliff Walk.

Also, there are some excellent walking tours in Dublin. (A Google search should provide you with several options.) We did the Historical Walking Tour of Dublin (no reservation needed) and the Traditional Musical Pub Crawl (reservations recommended).

Search this Thread