Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Drop off laundry or dry cleaners in 6th -Paris

Dec 3rd, 2001, 07:57 AM
dinae

Staying at Regents on Rue Madame--any one know if there is a dry cleaner or laundry nearby?? Is the turnaround quick--open on Saturdays???

Thanks

Dec 3rd, 2001, 09:55 AM
cdf

I don't know the name but there is an excellent dry cleaner on rue de Seine right where rue Jacob ends to the right towards rue de Buci..We had a mishap with the airlines and our luggage, resulting in the need for a lot of dry cleaning, they took care of everything in one day,and didn't charge too much,(what choice did we have though and they were very nice and helpful.C

Dec 3rd, 2001, 11:30 AM
Christina

I used to go to school around there, and there was a self-service laundromat and dry cleaners approx. at the corner of rue d'Assas and rue de Fleurus which is probably the closest to your hotel (south side of rue d'Assas). Don't know if it's still there, though. I never used it but would guess it's open Saturdays. Unless you plan on changing hotels due to this, you should ask them at the hotel when you get there, they would probably know the closest and best choices although sometimes those desk clerks don't really live around the hotel.

Dec 3rd, 2001, 12:16 PM
BTilke

"5 a Sec" is a chain of French dry cleaners (also in Belgium) that do sameday service most weekdays (most of their branches in Brussels are closed on Saturdays, sorry I don't know about the Paris branch practices). Prices are pretty standard and they do decent work but be careful about handing over anything with special buttons, also anything suede. 5 a Sec also launders clothes, mostly shirts, but you will pay significantly more than going to a self-serve laundromat. I would avoid any self-serve dry cleaners.

Dec 3rd, 2001, 12:26 PM
JOdy

There is a laundromat on Rue des Grand Augustins, right across from restaurant Le espadon Bleu. I think they also have drop off service , but I don't know about dry cleaning.

Dec 3rd, 2001, 12:27 PM
Jody

Forgot to mention , they seemed to be open quite late into the evening. It is near Rue Christine not down by the seine.

Dec 3rd, 2001, 03:48 PM
Surlok

There's one" 5 a sec " at Rue Dauphine, nearly at the corner of Rue Saint Andre des Arts. They cleaned my evening gown, pure silk made, perfectly. An amazing service, that is. And there's another dry cleaners at Rue Dauphine, between Hotel D'Aubusson and Rue Christine.

Regards,

S

Dec 3rd, 2001, 04:37 PM
Maira

Dinae, try the yellow pages at the following website http://www.pageszoom.com/rc.cgi?lang=en and enter 'launderettes' or any similar designation (even 'laundry')in the business category. It will show you the street map and photos of the location of 148 laundries in Paris. You can even check out the kind suggestions from the posters above.