We've always wanted to visit Norway and I'm looking into the option of either ferrying from Harwich to Hook of Holland or Eurotunnel to Calais (we live in Essex), driving up to Denmark, and then a ferry over to Norway to spend the majority of the holiday there (although I'll break up the journeys with 1 or 2 overnight stays).
Interested to know if anyone else has done similar, any tips, and also what time of year might be good to do this? I'm thinking either Easter break (first 2 weeks of April) or beginning of Summer holidays at the end of July 2 kids in school and want to avoid pulling them out for any time as we may need to save that option for Florida later in the year).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 3 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 4 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 7 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 8 Best Greek Island
- 9 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 10 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 11 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 12 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 13 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 14 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 15 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 16 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 19 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 20 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 21 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 22 The World's Greatest Churches
- 23 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 24 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve
- 25 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017