Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Driving time from Rothenburg to Frankfurt airport.

Old Mar 16th, 2000, 03:42 PM
Jeff

Does anyone know how long of a drive it is from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Frankfurt airport? Also, what's fun to do in Rothenburg?

Old Mar 16th, 2000, 04:37 PM
harzer

Rothenburg to Frankfurt airport would be one and a half hours max. Autobahn to Wuerzburg interchange and then it's an hour to the airport on the autobahn.

What's fun to do in R. is like any other place in Germany. See the sights and then in the evening go to a non-tourist pub, buy the locals a couple of drinks, and take it from there.

Old Mar 16th, 2000, 05:27 PM
Ed

Agree 90 minutes is correct.

You'll find some ideas on other places in the general area at www.twenj.com/bavaria.htm

Ed

Old Mar 16th, 2000, 07:13 PM
Terry Worley

The 2 best things to do in Rothenburg are to walk the walls all around the town and take the Nightwatchman's Tour in the evening (7-8pm). Spend the night if possible because most of the midday crowds are gone in the evening.

Old Mar 17th, 2000, 06:17 AM
John

Hi Jeff:

I would add to the above posts. Go see the "Criminal Museum", a very unique experience!
JOHN

Old Mar 17th, 2000, 03:54 PM
Jeff

Thank you everybody! I'm catching a flight at 10:20 AM and am staying in Rothenburg the night before. I was afraid that I'd have to change my reservations in Rothenburg and stay closer to Frankfurt. I'm glad that I won't have to change my itinerary. I'll just have to leave around 6:30- 7 AM. Thanks again!

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 06:55 PM
Margaret Shirley

If you have to leave a rental car full of gas at Frankfurt airport. I suggestyou allow three hours from Rothenburg to Frankfurt, especially in high season.