We will be driving at end of September from Venice to Tasch for Zermatt. We would like to make it a full driving day and take a detour through Aosta and then drive through the Great St. bernard Pass. Based on the research I have done, seems like we can stop for lunch in the small village of Etroubles after Aosta and then continue on E27. Then we will have the option of taking SS27 to take the slower scenic route and not go into the E27 tunnel. Will I be able to keep going on SS27 and then it will connect with E27 in Switzerland fairly soon? Or is the merge from SS27 to E27 so far into Switzerland and that is why Google maps is bringing me back to join E27 before the tunnel? I would prefer to not have to backtrack on SS27 and have to go through the tunnel.
Also, please suggest any must see, must do, must eat kind of feedback for this route.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 Greece during Easter week or August
- 9 Iceland driving in March
- 10 Northern Spain road trip
- 11 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 12 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 13 Help with Spain itinerary
- 14 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 15 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 16 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 17 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 18 Where to stay in Naples?
- 19 Driving
- 20 Malaga Christmas lights
- 21 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 22 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 23 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 24 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 25 Provence and Cote de Azure