I am planning a trip to Portugal that includes two days in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela, in Portugal. We live in a tropical country and have NO experience driving in icy roads. I read that this region has steep, tortuous roads, so I was wondering - should we drive at all there or our inexperience could be disastrous? How icy can roads get in January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 3 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 4 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 5 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 6 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 7 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 8 Greatest place for dreaming
- 9 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 10 Paris November 2017
- 11 Internet Cafe in Rome, Florence, and Venice
- 12 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 15 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 16 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 19 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 20 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 21 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 22 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 23 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 24 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
Driving in Serra da Estrela, Portugal in January - how hard is it?