We're heading to the Alps at the end of June (yay!), and I've been doing research on driving tips, but am still a bit confused. I understand that we need to purchase extra insurance with a really low deductible - A collateral damage waiver, is that right? And that there's a pass we need to get when we get into Austria.
Also, any recommendations for using the GPS on our american phone? I have the maps on a micro-SD for our garmin for Italy, but not for Austria or Germany. I've heard I can download maps beforehand onto my phone (I haven't done that before) so we don't use data, but I plan to get an international data plan for the time we'll be there, just in case.
Any other tips? Also, it looks like the Dolomites have rain every day this week in the afternoon. Is that typical?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP $ Passwords Reset Contact $ 1800~570 1233 Tec*h care 24*7??
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Poland--where else to go
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 5 days in Andalusia
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 10 South of France
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 14 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 15 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 16 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 17 Shall we Gdansk?
- 18 Help with Spain itinerary
- 19 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 22 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 23 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 24 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 25 Christmas in South of Spain 2018