I am an Indian citizen a valid Indian driving licence and of course Schengen visa.
My Indian Driving licence is English smart card format.
I plan to take a car from Frankfurt and travel to Austria then come back to germany and travel to Switzerland.
As per German Consulate i can drive with a valid (English) Indian Driving license (without any need of international driving license)
As per the information in Austrian government website, Indian driving license should be valid in Austia.
I have no information about Switzerland.
Here are my key questions.
1) Do i need an international driving permit/license to drive in Austria and Switzerland or is a valid Indian Driving License (English) is enough?
2) Is cross border card required when taking a rental car from Germany to Austria?
3) Is cross border card required when taking a rental car from Germany to Austria?
4) is there any other special documentation required to drive in Austria and Switzerland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 2 Barcelona to Malaga
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 5 Milan airport--which one
- 6 Trains - website?
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 two days in Nice
- 9 Visit to France
- 10 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 11 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 12 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 13 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 14 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 15 First time in Spain
- 16 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 17 Paris Apartment
- 18 New fast track
- 19 Packing Champagne
- 20 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 23 Once upon a time in Italy
- 24 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 25 Private Driver in Malaga Spain