Reload this Page >

Driving from Zurich to Amsterdam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 1997, 03:38 PM
Greg Brooks

Any idea how long this will take, any suggestions on what route to take and places to see along the route?

Old Jul 29th, 1997, 04:45 AM
Peter Lie

From Zurich to Amsterdam is not that far. I guess it
is approx 1000 km. It will take you about 12 hours when you hurry up.
Nice places to do are Stuttgart, Heidelberg(!).
If you got more time Koln will be OK too.

Old Jul 31st, 1997, 12:00 PM
Rob M

My wife and I drove from Luzerne to Luxembourg City one day on our vacation last year. We left Luzerne in the afternoon, drove to Strasburgh, France, where we stopped for some sightseeing and dinner, and were in Luxembourgh City by 7p.m. Amsterdam direct would probably be around another 4 hours, but my wife and I took a detour to Brugges, Belgium on the way there. If you have the time, stop there or in Brussels, they are both wonderful cities.

Old Aug 23rd, 1997, 08:31 AM
Tricia

We just returned from Europe and made it as far as the black forest in Germany before I felt our money might not go as far as planned. I hated to miss Switzerland but heard it was expensive and my husband was hyperventilating so.. I begged him to take me to Rothenberg Germany. We were not disappointed. After leaving there we backtracked to the No. tip of the black forest and then straight through to eastern holland and made it by mid afternoon. Left about 7:00 in the morning.

Old Aug 23rd, 1997, 11:01 AM
Nils Johnsen

You should drive on the frech side and visit one of the villages in Alsace eg. Ribeauville about 50 kilmetres south of Strasbourgh. The white wine is excellent and you can buy it in the wine castles. A grand cru wine should be preferred. I also recommend the wine town of Rudesheim near Mainz in Germany. And at last: Drive safely! I wish you a nice trip