Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Driving from Venice to CT - Where to stop to eat?
Notices

Driving from Venice to CT - Where to stop to eat?

Aug 7th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Driving from Venice to CT - Where to stop to eat?

After much debating over the whole train/car issue, we have decided to drive from Venice to Manarola. We will be staying in Tuscany after visiting CT, so we opted to have the car the entire time. We are looking forward to the drive, despite the many recommendations to take the train instead.

My question is this: Our route (from ViaMichelin) takes us from Venice to Manarola by way of Bologna and Parma. Without too much of a hassle, does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere in general to stop and eat along the way? Nothing fancy, but I was thinking something other than just the AutoGrill stops that Iíve read about. If we come across a town that looks interesting, we may stop and wander for a bit, but we are not looking to spend too much time anywhere in between Venice & CT. Iíve read that Bologna is not a very easy town to just drop in and find a place to park. We will be picking up the car around 11am, so I understand that we may be arriving somewhere around the time when everything is closed mid-day, so that's also a factor. Any thoughts?

I donít mind playing it by ear (although I like to be very organized, it doesnít have to be to extremes), I just thought if someone has a recommendation for a neat little place along the way, it might be worth stopping by.

Thanks so much! 39 days to go!

Search this Thread