Driving from Siena to Milan??

Jun 13th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Lene

Driving from Siena to Milan??

Can anyone tell me the driving distance (in hours)from Siena to Milan?

Jun 13th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Henly Gold

If I remember correctly, it took us around 6 hours.

Jun 13th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Maurice

We left Orvieto about 10am. Stopped in Monteriggione for a while (30 min? 1 Hr?) and then Carrara for about 2 or 3 hrs. Just past there, we headed inland through the mountains. Got to Milan about 9PM, in driving rain; got to the main train station by guess as much as anything by 10pm. Spent half an hour trying to figure out where the train station AVIS rental return parking was (why pay for a night's parking?), and then half an hour finding a gas station. Found one - automated and unattended - that took bills. Either 10000L or 50000L only. Fortunately 50000 was about right.

Jun 14th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Cristina

My mom did this Monday and it took her 3 hours. She left at 4:30 and was at the Europcar rental check in at 7:45. If you leave later it will take longer but mainly the problem is the ring around Milan.

Jun 14th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Wayne

Distance is about 370 km, which is about 220 miles. Most of the drive will be autostrada, so it certainly shouldn't take more than about 4 hours from city border to city border. However, getting into Milan (I don't know how far into the city or where you will be going) can take a while, as already noted.