We will be driving from Berlin to Gdansk in mid-July. We are getting different driving advice from the various 'route planner' sites.
ViaMichelin: suggests a northern route, via Szczecin and Koszalin, for 7 1/2 hours.
Another suggests an interior route via Poznan, for 6 hours.
Go Mapper suggests going via Szczecin and Pila, for 6 hours, 46 minutes.
Somewhere else, we read that it would be much longer than any of these.
Would anyone care to offer us some actual advice? Should we plan for longer than 7 hours?
Also, we will be stopping midway for a night, perhaps at a castle or near a lake or something nice for the kids between cities. We welcome your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 3 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 6 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 7 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 8 Which Area in London?
- 9 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 12 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 13 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 14 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 17 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 18 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 20 Transportation in Brittany
- 21 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trains - website?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 Trenitalia - lost and found