Driving between Pamukkale and Uçhisar

Sep 6th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Driving between Pamukkale and Uçhisar

Merhaba arkadaşlar! I received a great deal of help from this forum in my early planning stages! I left the forum to go to turkish class (a crazy and interesting language, Turkish... navigating the land of suffixes is a real challenge. But truly the language is warm and çok guzel!). But now it is time for me to iron out details for our trip. Just looked back on msgs and found a tip from a friend of a friend for the Sadberk Hanim Museum, which looks amazing, and I am still dreaming in anticipation of the food at Çiya. As it ended up we are definately driving from Pamukkale to Uçhisar in one day. Googlemaps says to do the following, and I am checking in to see if this seems like the best route. And again, I do promise to post a report when we return!
D320 to D650 to E96 to D300 to D302
oh, and I am a little nervous that we will end up driving at night, due to the shortness of october days?
Thanks...
Sep 6th, 2010, 12:54 PM

That's a long drive. We might not have taken the direct route, and we left in the early afternoon, but we had to stop for the night in Konya. If you need to stop, there is a B&B/campground in the town after Konya which has a major caravanserai (I'll try to look up its name). The owner spoke French, I don't know if he speaks English, but he's the one who referred his friend in Mustafapasha to us; it was an excellent recommendation.
Sep 6th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Michael. Yep, I think its about a 10 hr drive. We already have reservations in Cappadocia, and really want the 2 full days we will have, if we do the drive in a day. There's never enough time! That's why I wanted to check the route to just make sure there isnt a more direct/quicker path between two points.
Sep 6th, 2010, 02:01 PM

I have two suggestions and one small good news:

- Stay the night before your trip below Pamukkale, close to the highway taking you out of denizli. That will gain you almost half an hour.

- Stay your first night at Aksaray-Nevsehir intersection. If i remember correctly (absolutely no guarantee) the name of the motel at the intersection, just a few hundred meters towards Ankara, called Agacli, is quite good, and reasonably priced. The self proclaimed five star hotel some kilometers towards Nevsehir on your right on the hill overlooking the city is overpriced and not very pleasant.

Staying there, you can visit Ihlara/guzelyurt first, early in the morning, and then move to Uchisar, possibly visiting one of the underground cities on the way.

This will save you another hour.

- The small good news is that, all divided highways now have a speed limit of 110k/hr as opposed to 90 previously.
This means that, with the 10% allowance, you can actually drive with 120k/hr on any divided highways, and this may allow you to save maybe another half hour.
Sep 6th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Otherchelebi, hello! I do appreciate your suggestions. We are booked here www.kalekonak.com in Uçhisar already, and here www.allgauhotel.com in Pamukkale. But the speed limit is good news indeed!