I would like to rent a car and take a scenic route on the upcoming long weekend (July 12-14), current destination unknown. I was thinking of heading south and ending up in Nice, but am open to suggestions. Is Nice worthwhile to go to in July? I'm not a huge fan of the hoards of tourists, and I know this time of year is very busy.
I would like to take a leisurely, scenic route. With stops along the way in small french towns. See some sights, soak up some laid back culture. Quiet and serene.
As a side note (not sure if it matters), this is my first time driving in Europe, so all tips and hints greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KASPERSKY ANTIVIRUS Password Resets Contact Now 1~800~570:1233 Tec*h CALL.
- 2 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 3 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 4 Best Greek Island
- 5 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 6 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 11 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 12 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 13 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 16 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 17 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 18 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 19 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 20 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 23 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 24 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 25 Ronda by bus in early January?