Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Drive time from Berlin to Prague -- anyone know?

Old Jun 1st, 1999, 11:57 AM
Helena

How long would it take to drive from Berlin to Prague? Or, is there a good site with European maps... ? Thanks! Helena

Old Jun 1st, 1999, 12:38 PM
Richard

Helena, According to euroShell, it will take 5hrs, 08 minutes. Thanks for your advice, over a year ago, on visiting Cesky Krumlov and Karlovy Vary, we enjoyed both very much!

Old Jun 1st, 1999, 12:38 PM
Richard

Helena, According to euroShell, it will take 5hrs, 08 minutes. Thanks for your advice, over a year ago, on visiting Cesky Krumlov and Karlovy Vary, we enjoyed both very much!

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 03:11 PM
Mary Ann

Try cwlease.com. It can provide the shortest or the fastest routes much like shell but I found it to be a little more user friendly with some of the smaller cities.

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 06:39 AM
Bob Brown

My "Aral Strassen-Atlas Deutschland und Europa" (highway atlas of Germany and Europe) lists the travel time from Berlin to Prague at 4 hours and a distance of 310 K. That is a little under 200 miles. The time probably is based on travel between the two city centers.
My atlas is about 2 years old and shows construction of a new road from Dresden to Prague.
If this new road is now open, the time may well be less. Perhaps someone who has been there recently knows if the Dresden - Prague autobahn is now in fact open. If it is fully open, the time could be as much as 30 minutes less.

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 07:52 AM
Kay

I was in eastern Germany and Prague last October. The autobahn in and out of Dresden was a hopeless mess, due to construction. Actually, there was so much construction on the autobahns in eastern Germany that going was very very slow. I do not think that enough time has elapsed since then to rectify the situation. Someday, it will all be very grand, I am sure, but until then, ouch! slow travel up ahead.