Hubby and I considering hiring a car while in south Germany and after spending 3 nights in Gengenbach and then driving to Beilstein (near Cochem) for a further 3-4 nights.
We question is should we just drive straight there (google maps is saying it's between 2.5-4.5hrs depending on the route and traffic) or perhaps stop overnight?
I'm not keen on driving the whole way on the Autobahn but perhaps driving through some smaller villages.
Once way is through France but that will take 3.5-4.5hrs which is why maybe an overnight stay somewhere along the way would be good.
Any thoughts? If we should stop overnight somewhere does anyone have any suggestions as a mid point?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 7 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 8 Paris November 2017
- 9 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 13 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Transportation in Brittany
- 17 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 Trains - website?
- 21 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 22 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 23 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 24 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 25 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome