We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for first trip to UK
- 2 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 3 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 4 10 days in europe
- 5 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 6 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 European honeymoon help needed
- 9 paris to london- day trip
- 10 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 13 land vs river cruise
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 Portugal
- 16 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 17 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 18 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 19 Where to stay in Naples?
- 20 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 21 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 22 Browsing Barcelona
- 23 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 24 Malaga Christmas lights
- 25 Croatia in mid/late October