We're thinking of picking up a hire car from Mannheim and driving around the Mosel/Rhine area for a few days (basing ourselves in Beilstein).
My question is - is driving out of Mannheim really hard? We drove around Tuscany and Burgundy last year and tried to pick up our hire cars outside of major cities (as driving in large cities freaks me out a little ). I'm not familiar with Mannheim at all - whether it's big or small. We're training it from Zurich to Mannheim (direct train), hence the reason for picking up the hire car in Mannheim.
Any feedback on this would be appreciated or if anyone has an alternate pick up place (that we can get to from Zurich) would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Austria
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 4 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 8 Le Marche Research Help
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 11 Greece in end October
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 16 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 17 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 18 Favorite London memories
- 19 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 20 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 23 Norte Dame light show!
- 24 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 25 Avignon