After spending four days in Dublin, my family and I will drive to Cork for three days then onto Killarney for three days. Currently I have the drive from Dublin to Cork broken up with an overnight in Kilkenny, thinking that the drive from Dublin to Cork might be long for kids (9 and 10, but excellent travelers). I'm rethinking this and wondering if we should just go straight from Dublin to Cork, spending and extra night in Cork. In all honesty, I don't know much about Kilkenny (aside from the castle) and have loads of things planned for the general Cork area. I'm also quite nervous about driving in Ireland -- is the road from Dublin to Cork easier than winding in through Kilkenny? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially pros and cons of each plan, and stops along the way if we decide on Dublin to Cork (we're big "the journey is half the fun" people!).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 2 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 7 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 8 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 9 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 10 Scotland ideas
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 13 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 14 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 22 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 23 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 24 paris to london- day trip
- 25 Planning a Poland itinerary