We are planning a trip in May and have a very long travel day to get from Chianti Florence all the way to Positano. I was wondering if anyone had two or three good rest stops that were along the way. Ideally split evenly between the two with one on the Florence side of Rome and the other on the other Positano side of Rome.
I have heard of Herculaneum as a possibility, however, I have no clue to the Florence side?
We are traveling with 4 adults and are pretty open to everything except the typical Church/indoor museum type stop as we would like to get some fresh air and stretch our legs.
I am looking forward to hearing all of you wonderful ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My France Vacation
- 2 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 Greece during Easter week or August
- 8 Iceland driving in March
- 9 Northern Spain road trip
- 10 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 12 Help with Spain itinerary
- 13 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 14 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 17 Where to stay in Naples?
- 18 Driving
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 21 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 22 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 25 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.