Search

Dress Code at L'Assiette Champenoise, Reims

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dress Code at L'Assiette Champenoise, Reims

Hi,
We're off to Reims next weekend for a luxury break at this wonderful- sounding hotel. However it's been a while since time and funds permitted such an indulgent stay - has anyone stayed recently at this hotel, and if so, please can you advise what sort of dress code would be appropriate? My husband hates wearing jackets and/or ties, but I'd be mortified if he was the only man in the restaurant not properly attired!
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 07:58 AM

I can't imagine most hotels having a dress code; are you referring to the hotel's restaurant?
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Hi Underhill,
Sorry - yes of course I mean the dress code in the restaurant! (My brain is softening - just shows how much I need this weekend break!)
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 08:11 AM
ira

Hi svendid,

If he won't take the jacket and tie, why should you wear anything other than shorts and tank tops?
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 10:23 AM

For the restaurant: your husband would be appropriately dressed in a jacket (plus trousers, of course!); he might be able to get away without a tie.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your opinions - he's now decided to take a suit! (and they say that women are fickle)....now where did I put that phrasebook?!
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 06:54 AM
ira

Hi Sven,

A suit?

Only if he plans on attending business meetings.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 07:17 AM

Sorry, but it sounds as if YOu wear the pants in the family!
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 09:29 AM

OH good, so make sure you've got that charming little black dress, heels and stockings!

(Side note: I was awed...struck dumb (as many wish I would be!) by the price of real stockings in Paris... 15E's??)

What man doesn't like seamed stockings?
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 10:27 AM

We spent two nights there a couple of years ago and had our anniversary dinner at their restaurant one of the evenings. This was June 2002. I dressed business casual (dockers & polo shirt), and I didn't feel out of place. There was a mixture. If anything, a sports coat - no suit.

Had a great dinner. I had to laugh because in between our courses, they served a palate cleanser. It was a something in a small fluted glass in triple layers. I wasn't paying too much attention, but when the server was explaining in his broken english what each layer was, my wife recognized that the last layer was something like "cream of snail."

I ate mine, and I ate hers -- there was a little escargot at the bottom of each. Yummy

For dessert, I had the fruit & cheese platter. This guy wheeled over a cheese cart containing what seemed like 30-40 different varieties of cheese. As I pointed to my selections, he kept saying words to the effect of "what else." I think if I kept on going, I could have sampled everything on the cart. I did have about 5-6 different varieties, and it was a wonderful experience.

They also have a very nice swimming pool enclosed in a glass house that was heated. It was refreshing.

You'll have a great time. We did the Piper-Heidseck champagne tour - it was excellent. Got in a little cart and rode around the caves. I would recommmend it, although I'm sure there are a lot that are equally as nice.