Since i enjoyed my trip to Mendoza last January so much, i decided to visit Douro Valley next October, during my visit to Porto. Well, i don't plan to rent a car and a guided tour sounds too expensive for me, so i'm planning to do this day-trip by my own.
Here it follows:
1. Leave Porto early in the morning and head my way to Pocinhos by train, since everyone says its such a lovely journey.
2. Return to Pinhão station. Visit a Vineyard and make my way back to Porto.
Well, here's the thing: I was searching for vineyards/quintas nearby Pinhão's station, and i happened to find Quinta de la Rosa, a 3km distance. Wonderful, i thought. Well, i decided to simulate this walking tour on Google Maps and i realized that the way til the Quinta is a road, without any pedestrian walk. Quite dangerous, huh?
Here are my questions:
- Are there cabs in Pinhão railway station, so i can get to the Quintas safely?
- Is it really rough to make this by foot?
- Are there another Vineyard with a nice view AND walking distance from the station? i don't bother if it is in Pinhão, Regua or anywhere else around, i just wanna feel the experience.
- It's harvest time, right? Is there any special event on the surrounds, in order to celebrate?
i would thank you all so much for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 4 Paris Apartment
- 5 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 6 Milan airport--which one
- 7 Which Area in London?
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 10 Visit to France
- 11 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 12 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 13 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 14 family trip to Germany and more
- 15 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 16 Trains - website?
- 17 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 18 Barcelona to Malaga
- 19 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 1st time to Europe
- 23 Paris November 2017
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!