My wife and I, both mid 50s, are planning a holiday in Venice for 9 nights in early October. We wish to stay in a quiet area, especially at night. We are looking at a couple of options.
(i) One is at Campo Sant’ Agnese close to the Church of the Gesuati in lovely Dorsoduro.
I saw a reference to the Gesuati bells ringing. Do they ring on the hour every hour ?
Or just at set times during the day, such as maybe before mass / service times ? Do you think the bells are intrusive ?
(ii) Our other option is in San Marco. On Calle Vetturio o Falier at the junction with Calle del Frutariol, close to Campo Santo Stefano.
Is this is a quiet part of San Marco ?
Which of the above two options do you think is the most tranquil for staying at in early October ?
Many thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga Christmas lights
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Croatia in mid/late October
- 6 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 7 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 8 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 9 Help with Venice Trip?
- 10 Dubrovnik
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 15 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 16 Norte Dame light show!
- 17 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 18 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 19 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 10 Days in Austria
- 22 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 23 Greece in end October
- 24 Champagne Tours
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017