Dorint Am Europaplatz Hotel: Vienna

Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:03 AM
MH

Dorint Am Europaplatz Hotel: Vienna

Has anybody stayed there recently? I understand they just did an extensive renovation and that it is now quite lovely. I got an internet special of 222.00US for 3 nights, superior room, over Thanksgiving. Since I already live in Germany,it is just an 6 hour drive. The little bit of info I could find, describes and pictures a very nice 4* hotel, with an outstanding breakfast buffett, and is right in the thick of things...I already searched thru Vienna hotels and didn't find anything, so if anyone has any comments, suggestions, warnings, etc. Lets hear 'em...Also, is Vienna a dog friendly city? is my baby welcome in restaurants, like he is at home? Take care...MH

Oct 22nd, 2002, 05:58 AM
xxx

ttt

Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:54 AM
ttt

ttt

Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:41 AM
Daniel

I am not familiar with the hotel, but Europaplatz is in front of the main station Westbahnhof.

Vienna is quite dog friendly, probably more dog friendly than baby friendly. A muzzle is mandatory (for the dog).

Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:58 AM
mh

Daniel, thanks....I am puzzled about the muzzle. Spike is a little terrier mix and weighs 5,5kgs. He in non threatening in every way...and he is 100% european dog and goes everywhere with us. He was even allowed in the courtroom when I got married in Copenhagen, actually he was the center of attention...hound from hell....stole my big day. Anyway, if anybody has any more info about this, please contribute or about the hotel itself..thanks and be careful.
MH

Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:07 AM
Daniel

A muzzle (Maulkorb in German) is certainly mandatory for the dog in a tram/streetcar, but maybe not in the street.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:18 AM
mh

Thanks, since we will be driving, public transport is not really a concern. If we do need a ride we just take a cab. Since Austria is very similiar to Germany, I suspected Spike would be welcome wherever. Some countries just don't like dogs in restaurants, like Denmark and Netherlands. Other than that, Spike is most excited about tagging and smelling the great city of Vienna...so are we, Demels here we come...