Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dordogne Travelers- Domaine de Rochbois?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 12:44 PM
jane

Has anyone stayed at Domaine de Rochbois in Vitrac? Considering it vs. Chateau de la Treyne in Lacave?

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 01:47 PM
StCirq

Haven't stayed there, but I've driven by it a lot, and it looks charming. Vitrac is a darling little town, and a bit better located than Lacave for touring. But Château de la Treyne is by no means a bad choice.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 04:26 AM
Diane

I'll throw another option for you to check out - Chateau d'Arnac. It is located south and a bit east of Brive. Absoultely charming - my favorite chateau I have found so far. Will be revisiting it again in about three weeks. Do a search on the name and you will find their internet site.

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 09:19 AM
John H

Hi, <BR> <BR>Six of us stayed at the Domaine de Rochebois last September. We really enjoyed the hotel and its location -- very comfortable and well-priced. Assuming you are driving, the hotel is in a great location for touring the region (only 10 minutes to Sarlat). The rooms were very modern, large, luxurious and had patios. The bathrooms were wonderful. I think we only paid FF950/room (double) per night. This gave us one of the back rooms, as opposed to a view over the valley, but that was fine with us. There was also a nice sitting area/bar. We took breakfast in the restaurant in the mornings -- they had a good spread. But, we thought dinners were overpriced and ate in Sarlat and Domme.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 09:28 PM

topping