Thanks for all the great advice you give out on the forum, trip planning would be a nightmare without you all..)))
We will be in Dordogne mid July for 1 week and are staying right outside Les Eyzies. Its going to be by husband and I and our 2 kids. Most days we are taking it pretty slow and easy but are planning o visit to Padirac.
My son is super excited about the prehistoric stuff and I already emailed Font de Gaume to get reservations for when we are there but have not heard back yet(I did it just yesterday).
We could also like to do Padirac and Pech Merle but would like your advice on whether its possible to do both in the same day. Google gives me directions for Les Eyzies - Padirac - Pech Merle - Les Eyzies and says it takes 3.5 hours but is this crazy to attempt..?
Also, whats the best time in the day to visit these sites. I've read that lines to Padirac could get crazy in July so will it be better to make a reservation for 1st thing in the morning(9:30am)..? And then maybe Pech Merle after lunch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER PRINTER 18OO:681 : 72O8 CONTACTBROTHER Techh care
- 2 AOL! Password recovery-CONTACT 1855-843-8475-AOL-Tec*h SUP0rts -24-7
- 3 Wierd Europe map
- 4 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 5 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 6 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 9 Transportation in Brittany
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 12 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 13 Paris Apartment
- 14 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Which Area in London?
- 17 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 Visit to France
- 20 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 21 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 22 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 23 family trip to Germany and more
- 24 Trains - website?
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga
Dordogne question: Pech Merle & Gouffre de Padirac in 1 day