Notices

Dordogne flight help please

Feb 8th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Dordogne flight help please

I've just managed to mistakenly booked two flights with Ryanair from Stansted to Bordeaux on Mon 20 th July for my daughter and friend .
Unfortunately they are both 15 and I wrongly assumed that Ryanair age restriction was the same as Easyjets
I'm a single father and am travelling on the 19th by ferry to drive to our destination near Salat with my son.
So I desperatly need an over 16 yr old to fly with them, I just need to link the two tickets and check them in together..that's all. I can pay £50 , so if anyone thinking of travelling on that date please contact me
Oh they are returning on Mon 27th i
Thank you
Andrew
Feb 8th, 2015, 10:56 AM

I don't understand how this happened, the Ryanair website makes you put in the age when booking the ticket. In fact, the section for number of people booking specifically is labelled adults and then Children and it clearly says (less than 16 yrs) on that box. I don't think it even lets you book children without an adult. So you must have deliberately put in that they were adults rather than children or you couldn't have bought the tickets. No assumptions were necessary, the booking process tells you on the labels the age groups.

The entire RT ticket is probably only worth about 50 GBP anyway, if you can't find someone, it seems just as easy and cheap to just cancel the flights and forfeit those fares, assuming they are nonrefundable, although I guess you have two of them.

So you think it's okay to let minor children fly alone in the company of a stranger you know nothing about who reads this on the internet? And that somehow you will find such a strange who wants to go and return to the same place on the exact same dates?
Feb 8th, 2015, 01:01 PM

Go to it, Christina!
Feb 9th, 2015, 03:38 AM

I suggest that you contact Ryanair for some guidance, but you've probably got to be prepared to wave goodbye to your money.

Search this Thread