We are in the process of finalizing our itinerary for our upcoming family trip to the Dordogne in late June/early July (6 nights).
The plan is to explore in the morning and build in some time to relax by the pool at our gite in the late afternoon with our two kids (ages 6 & 8). We will have our own cooking facilities so we can eat breakfast and some dinners in. I welcome your views and suggestions! Note that we are not planning on doing a Gabares tour because we want to do the same "parcours" by stand up paddleboard. I have indicated a number of markets because I love them but perhaps it is overkill -- which ones to prioritize? I also welcome suggestions on other attractions I may have missed.
- Take train from Paris to Brive. Pick up rental car @ 2pm. Drive to our gite in St-Vincent-de-Cosse (near Sarlat). QUESTION: Should we stop in Collonges La rouge on the way?
- dinner in Sarlat town
- hit St Cyprien for market day first thing in a.m.
- Visit the Vallee & castles (Beynac, Castelnaud, La Roque Gageac, etc.)
- Vezere valley - pre-book tickets to Lascaux II in weeks prior
- La Roque St Christophe tour and lift demo for kids
- QUESTION: is the Prehistorparc worth it?
- lunch at Auberge du pont in St-Leon sur Vezere
- market day in Cenac
- Stand up paddleboarding in Cenac
- market day in Sarlat
- Drive to Quercy area (Gouffre de Padirac)
- Domme market day
- Visit Marqueyssac gardens for dinner
Thanks in advance all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 Which Area in London?
- 3 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Trains - website?
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 two days in Nice
- 8 Visit to France
- 9 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 11 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 12 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 13 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 14 First time in Spain
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 New fast track
- 18 Packing Champagne
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 25 Christmas in Granada....food!