Reload this Page >

Don't go to Paris or Venice!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:10 PM
YS

I fount it the hard way: they speak FRENCH in Paris and ITALIAN in Venice!!! I mean, they are so close to each other? It's like they spoke different languages in Texas and Florida... Come on, is it so difficult to learn English? <BR>Also, in Paris they use that thing they call "metro" - what is it a joke? You can't just get in and tell the driver where you are going? On each station they have these confusing signs with lines of different colors crossing everywhere with some French text - what's up with that? <BR>Even worse in Venice - they started to change their gas lines and apperently the storm dumpted so much water so they can't close those trunches... guess what - they got rid of their cars and take boats around. I mean, one would plan for rain, right? I'm not even mentioning the fact that they can't number the houses proprly - so much easier when you have a grid system! <BR>Traveller be aware!!!

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:16 PM
Sally

<BR>Too Funny, I suppose you are planning a trip to these cities and want to convince a few people not to go. I would suggest going in Winter so there are alot less tourists <BR>Have fun.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:17 PM
le

People like you give Americans a bad name! Talk about the ugly American!!

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:22 PM
Art

Atlantis is a lot worse. The whold city is under water. The food is always soggy and its hard to drink a coke. <BR>Art <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:27 PM
Robin

I would only consider going to Paris or Venice if you would be my personal guide YS. <BR> <BR>If there were only more insightful people like yourself on this website.....

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:32 PM
Cindy

YS, <BR> <BR>You have been sadly misinformed. They speak Parisian in Paris and Venezian in Venice. You see, in Europe, each CITY speaks a different language, not each country. <BR> <BR>I can see why you made this error. There is no such thing as Italian, for instance. When in Rome, one must brush up on their Romanian. And in the Hague, they speak Haggis. Heck, even our esteemed president once stated that Greek people speak Grecian, when a fair amount of them speak Athenian. Oh well. He's still learning. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:37 PM
One sick you know what

What is your point you nasty @#$@#%@#%!

youare

try a better lure

xxxx

TOO FUNNY KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:51 PM
UReasily

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 07:39 PM
YS

So each city speaks its own language even the little towns? Obviously there's a problem - learning English will do these people some good, they would be able to freely communicate! <BR>--------------------------------------- <BR>Scary, but I've met people who are just like this... <BR> <BR>Those of you who laughted I thank, those of you who took it seriously perhaps could lighten up, and those of you who agreed with me should think of attending a night scool. <BR>

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 03:58 PM
topper

Top!