We were in London before Greece and we got very concerned about coming to Greece because of the non-stop news about the problems in Greece. The day we were flying my husband was questioning if we should cancel our trip. The day before the cab driver went on and on about how horrible things were in Athens.
Well, we decided to come and things are very quiet here. We've been in Athens for a week, we spent two days in Hydra this week and tomorrow we fly to Santorini. The Greek people are as friendly as I've been told. We got money from ATMs and we got some really good deals on hotels in Hydra.
We are told by hotels and restaurants that they are not as busy this May. Tourists are staying away.
In this forum people have commented that the only thing you can really be sure about is what is going on today and any comments about what tomorrow will bring is pure speculation.
So, I am suggesting to come help the Greek people by spending some euros here!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1:855 :843:8475 Insta!!ations Err0r Tec*h AOL CONTACT 24by7
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 ICELAND in February
- 7 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 10 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 11 11-12 nights in Portugal
- 12 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 10 days in Portugal
- 16 My France Vacation
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 21 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 22 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 23 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 24 Driving
- 25 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?