Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

donnabee....please tell me how you got your papal audience tickets?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to fax my request to the office that handles the tickets, and I keep getting "no response". Do you have any suggestions? Also, do you know how long the service lasts? Thank you for any advice! Have a wonderful time!
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 09:13 AM

http://www.twenj.com/romevatican.htm#audience

I'm not donnabee, but this URL has info re how to get tickets, and lists a couple of phone numbers and/or a fax number you may want to try.
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Lesli, thank you so much for your help...I will definitely use that info.
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 12:53 PM

I used this address to get my tickets last summer. The lady who reply's is very nice her name is Pierra.

[email protected]

this is how it works: you tell her when you're going and how many tickets, the audiences are on wednesdays in the vatican and in the summer they are in castel gandolfo. but anyway, she asks you were you will be staying and they deliver the tickets to your hotel and the fee you pay is like a donation i think its about 10e not sure. Advice: Please allow yourself enough time to get there... this last time i attended i missed most of it because i did not realize it would take me more than an hour to get there from were i was.
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 01:15 PM

You've already received some valuable advice, but you can also pick up your tickets at Santa Susanna the evening before the audience, after 5:00, if I remember correctly.

All they ask is a donation of any amount. Santa Susanna is a short walk if you take the subway and get off at Piazza Repubblica along Via Orlando.

The audience at St. Peter's can last an hour or more, especially if you stay to see the pope's visitors afterwards.

Note: If you care to go up into the cupola, take this opportunity for short lines at the elevator, but remember, part of the trip up is by taking the steps, about 320 of them. It's worth it, however.
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 01:24 PM
donnabee

I sent and email to:

[email protected]

It took them about a week to respond.

Old Jun 26th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for all the helpful information. I have faxed a request to the office that handles the tickets, and if I do not get a response in a reasonable time, then I will certainly try the email addresses as you have advised. Thank you very much!
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 06:47 PM

We booked tickets through St Susanna, and were required to pick them up the morning of the audience between 7 and 8:30 at the back of the church.

Having said that, I should tell you that most people in the square did NOT have tickets. A ticket will assure you a chair, not necessarily a great view of the Pope.

You can do just as well outside the corral area filled with reserve seats. Huge video screens are on either side of the square so you can check out everything going on on the stage.
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 06:57 AM

Caution: not every ticket to the papal audience in St. Peter's Square on Wednesday mornings entitles you to a seat! Some just allow you into certain roped off areas closer to the Pope and the TV screens. If SEATS are important to you, be certain that those getting your tickets know this. If you are asked to pay for your tickets (or to make a donation) this is for the service of getting them for you, as the tickets themselves are free.