Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dolphin-Hellas and Dilos: All I want is a reservation!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Tania

Has anyone had problems in communicating with Dolphin-Hellas or Dilos travel agencies? I emailed both a week ago now via the forms at their sites, asking each about prices for a couple of hotels, and stating my interest in reserving with them. I've yet to hear back from either travel agent.<BR><BR>It's frustrating, because I also emailed the 2 hotels directly as well, prior to Dolphin-Hellas and Dilos, and didn't hear back from them either. And after reading on this board about the good dealings with and efficiency of the 2 agencies, I thought it would be a simple way to get the reservations made.<BR><BR>Should I be emailing them again, or should I just assume it takes over a week this time of year due to their volume of email?<BR><BR>tania<BR><BR>

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 07:30 AM
jef-europe

Tania,<BR>do not try to book your trip or stay through non-reliable companies.<BR><BR>i suggest, you to make travel arrangments through known local travel agents like<BR>TUI www.tui.gr<BR>or <BR>monogram www.monogram.gr<BR><BR>they will get for you the best rates and reliable info

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Tania

Jef,<BR>I just tried Tui, and the only places it seems they currently deal with are Athens, Chania, Rethymno and Heraklion.(none of which I'm visiting.) Even at that, they didn't seem to have online booking facilities.<BR>Then I went to Monogram, and the website was under construction.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Jeff

If you insist on a travel agent try your local independent agent

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Tania

My travel agent is only taking care of 2 of the 6 destination hotels, as he doesn't work with 4 of the particular hotels I'm really interested in. <BR><BR>And 2 of those four hotels I've emailing directly, with no reply, and the other 2 don't have a website of their own (and the websites they're listed at didn't reply to my requests either). Which is why I ended up trying Dolphin-Hellas and Dilos. <BR><BR>My last resort will be to phone the hotels, though I'd prefer to work around it if I can to save all of the long distance rates. Plus, odds are, they won't even be open this time of year.<BR><BR>What's a girl to do?????????????<BR><BR>Does no one else have this problem, getting reservations online??

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Surlok

You might want to try:<BR><BR>http://www.travel-designers.gr/index.html<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR><BR>S

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Trish

Hi, Tania<BR>It's Tricia again I would consider calling the hotels directly all the hotels we tried did answer and you will find that most have winter phone numbers. With the exception of Esperas we got better prices from all the hotels by calling.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Pat

Hi Tania, We are at present dealing with Uli at Dolphin-Hellas in Athens and only have praise for the service we have received. All our emails have been answered within 24 hours,they have been extremely helpful in getting hotel prices and making reservations for us. I would suggest you try again.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Tania

Surlock,<BR>Thanks for the link. One of the hotels I want is at is listed, so I filled out the form for it and am waiting to hear back from them.<BR><BR>Pat,<BR>I wrote an email to Uli last night, requesting prices on the hotels and hope to hear back from him soon. (hoping an email to an actual agent will bring more success than filling out the info request form at the site which I initially did.)<BR><BR>Trish!!!!<BR>Presuming I don't hear back from agencies I emailed, I'll definitely just call the hotels. But even if I DO hear back from them, depending on the rates I'm given, I might just call the hotels anyway if I think I can get a lower rate.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 12:59 AM
mike

Have you tried www.i-escape.com?<BR>They only have a small selection of hotels but were very helpful and prompt in booking these and a few other arrangements for me.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 03:10 AM
Tania

Hi Mike,<BR>Yeah, I did look into i-escape a while ago, and they didn't have any of the hotels I'm planning on staying at.<BR><BR>But the search is over, as Dolphin-Hellas FINALLY got back to me last night, complete with all the requested prices, and very thorough information. Their prices are even lower, in some instances, than most advertised on the net. I was quite pleased with their rates. <BR><BR>I think the trick was, as Pat had suggested, contacting one of their agents directly via email, rather than filling out a form requesting info at the website.<BR><BR>Hey, you live and learn.<BR>tania