Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Getting from Copenhagen Airport to Langelinie Pier

Old Jun 6th, 1999, 11:32 AM
Richard

I understand that to get fromm Copengaen Airport ti Langelinie Pier ther is a regional train that one can take. Can anyone tell me where you catch the train? The approxiamte distance from the airport to the train station? What is the cost? When you arrive, what is the walking distance? We will have one suitcase with wheels. Is it more convenient to take a cab or shuttle service for three persons? What is the cost per person. Your response would be much appreciated. Best Regards, Richard.

Old Jun 6th, 1999, 12:06 PM
Boots

Richard, I know of no train that goes from the Airport to Langelinie. You can, however, take the train from the airport to the Central Railway Station and from there a cab. I don't know if this is cheaper than a cab all the way from the airport, but I would suspect it is.
Three weeks ago, I took the train in. As you come out of customs, directly in front of you is a DSB train station where you can buy your ticket. I think trains run every 20 minutes and take less than ten minutes to the station. The cost going in was 16.10 DKK, less than $2.50. The train I was on stopped at Tarnby first, so get off at the second (and last) stop. After you go up to the station level (escalator), turn right and go out the door to the cabs.
Or from the station, you can take the S-train to Osterport Station, which would shorten your walking distance if you choose to do that.
This material is without the accent marks.
If I can give you any further information, let me know. Boots