Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Dog chewed up tour book (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/dog-chewed-up-tour-book-616471/)

BabsB May 17th, 2006 07:50 PM

Dog chewed up tour book

I just have to rant a bit. Got home from a nice high school senior awards night to find that my sheltie puppy ate my 2006 Rick Steeves Germany & Austria Book. I am working diligently on my trip and this is quite a blow. ;) How come she didn't eat the 2004 edition instead!

Maire May 17th, 2006 07:52 PM

>>How come she didn't eat the 2004 edition instead! <<

Because she can't read yet?

Sorry Babs! I have 2 shelties; they are so cute, it's easy to forgive them ;)

rex May 17th, 2006 07:53 PM

Is this why you don't have your homework done?

I think we have heard this one before!

;) back atcha... and...

Best wishes,

Rex

Scarlett May 17th, 2006 08:03 PM

LOL, Babs, a long time ago, we went out and left a young Borzoi asleep in our bedroom. When we came home, she was asleep on the bed, surrounded by torn to pieces library books.

Maybe your Pup just doesn't like Rick Steves? ar ar ar ((&))

Nora_S May 17th, 2006 08:28 PM

A likely story.

Is this your first Sheltie? They don't like to be left alone. Mine displays her displeasure about that from time to time by shredding a magazine, making as much mess as possible. Otherwise she is perfect. %%-

artlover May 17th, 2006 09:44 PM

Don't complain. My best friend's Lab ate her DECK! (and I don't mean deck of cards!)

Sounds like she's trying to tell you something, huh?

alya May 17th, 2006 09:48 PM

Hehe,

We have 2 dogs - one does the destruction the other is always found with the 'smoking gun' :-)

We know it's her! but she lays there and looks like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth and he's like a guilty school boy trying not to blame it on his friend :-)

He is so funny when he looks at her pleading and whining for her help, while she looks all wide eyed in suprise.

LoveItaly May 17th, 2006 10:00 PM

LOL BabsB, the first thing I thought of too was homework. I actually tried that excuse once in 4th grade. And we didn't even have a dog at the time.

Artlove, a deck? Like in a wood deck? Do tell!

crefloors May 17th, 2006 10:04 PM

The cat ate my gym shorts!!!

PatrickLondon May 18th, 2006 01:19 AM

Is the puppy trying to tell you not to go?

Intrepid1 May 18th, 2006 02:12 AM

I'm kinda surprised all the Rick Steves haters here haven't told you how smart your doggie really is!

TheVagabondLady May 18th, 2006 02:19 AM

Intrepid1...

my thoughts exactly, as I was reading the original post the first thing that popped into my mind was....here we go..the mere mention of RS can send some people off and I'm sure we are gonna hear comments...

BabsB May 18th, 2006 05:35 AM

Wow, didn't expect this response. Appears lots of folks can relate. It's not the first think she ate, drip system sprinklers are a particular favorite also. Thanks for the chuckle.

cantstayhome May 18th, 2006 05:53 AM

My dog actually did eat my homework - a take home Latin final in college. It was unreadable, but I brought it with me when I went to the professor to ask for a new copy. He was quite amused.

The dog ate a Latin book in a subsequent different semester. He never touched my Russian stuff, though, hmmmm....