Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does staying in Andorra pause my 90/180 day stay clock?

Old Jan 11th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Hi All. We are planning on being in Europe from May through to September with a few jumps over to England, Croatia and Denmark in between to keep our days in the Schengen zone down to 90 days. We know that Andorra is not part of the Schengen but because it has open borders, hence no stamp, will it count as time out of the Schengen when we head back home to Austalia? We are thinking that if we have receipts from hotels and restaurants to prove that we were there that this will satisfy any border control issues we may encounter. Can anyone confirm this or direct me to a site that specifies the rules where Andorra is concerned so we can print it and take it with us in case?
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 05:07 PM

Denmark is part of Schengen. As for Andorra, lack of passport stamp doesn't matter provided you keep other pieces of evidence about your stay.
Schengen Borders Code
Old Jan 11th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Never mind. Just answered my own question. I found this thread on another forum so for other travellers wondering the same thing, check out this link. Put the text into a translator and the reason why Andorra does not qualify as leaving the Schengen is explained. There is a "good neighbour" treaty in place between France, Andorra and Spain. Read on if you need the whole text. legifrance.gouv.fr/eli/decret/2003/7/30/MAEJ0330055D/jo/texte