Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know where I can find out admission costs and times for the tower in Pisa?

Does anyone know where I can find out admission costs and times for the tower in Pisa?

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 06:31 PM
jan

I have searched and searched, to no avail. It has been suggested by Helen (frequent poster), that you have to get a ticket on the morning of the day you want to see it to be allowed in the tower (my kids really want to climb it!), and we weren't due to arrive in Pisa till afternoon. I am looking at changing my entire itinerary to accomodate this if need be, but I should would like to know for sure! Any suggestions as to where to look for the info? Also, we'll be there on a Sunday.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Sue Harry

You will find this information at the following web address:

www.commune.pisa.it/turismo/torre-gb.htm

Best wishes,
Sue Harry

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 09:41 PM
jan

Thank you, Sue! All the info I needed was right there, I have emailed them to see if we can book in advance, and now I can go to bed!

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Helen Donegan

Jan I have exact details of the situation with the Leaning Tower of Pisa on my home page (click on news):
http://www.italywithus.com/

I talked to the relevant office this morning - they say that they may have advanced booking facilities available from March but it isn't sure.

Their site will be updated and in English with the option of booking online - but the problem is that no one can say exactly WHEN.

For now you have to follow the procedure I have explained on my site.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 05:20 AM
jan

Hele, I looked on your site and didn't find that info. That's where I started first since you had indicated it might be there. Where do I find it?

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 05:22 AM
jan

Oh, duh, you said "click on news". Sorry. It's Saturday morning for me. Tough week. I am way too groggy and no java yet!