Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know the new name of theGolden Tulip Central Amsterdam

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 11:35 AM
xxx

Apparently the Golden Tulip Central Amsterdam no longer exists. Does anyone know the name of the hotel that took its place?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Alice

Try "NH Amsterdam City Center" on google and see if you get it...

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 10:59 AM
xxx

The Golden Tulip is now called the NH BARBIZON PALACE.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Alice

http://www.nh-hotels.nl/default.asp will give you both hotels:<BR>NH Amsterdam Centre<BR>Location Stadhouderskade 7 1054 ES Amsterdam<BR>Situated in the lively heart of Amsterdam, directly opposite the famous 'Leidseplein', the city's centre and most famous museums are only a few steps away. A KLM Shuttle Service from and to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport stops nearby the hotel. <BR><BR>NH Barbizon Palace<BR>Location Prins Hendrikkade 59-72 1012 AD Amsterdam<BR>This unique 5 star hotel is situated in the historic heart of Amsterdam, directly opposite the central railway station and close to the financial centre of The Netherlands. A KLM Shuttle Service from and to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport stops in front of the hotel. <BR>

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 05:41 AM
frank

"Golden Tulip" is a GROUP of hotels.I know there are 3 or 4 in A'dam - the Hotel Doelen in nieuwdoelenstrat is one, the Barbizon Palace another.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:26 AM
amy

Its the Golden Tulip Barbizon Palace when I stayed there earlier this year in March. A brilliant Hotel, i recommend it.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:50 AM
Alice

If you go to the www.goldentulip.com web, and select Amsterdam, there are only 4 hotels still in the GT chain. The hotel in the initial inquiry is now a part of the NH chain, http://www.nh-hotels.nl/default.asp.<BR>