Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know the adress of Paul Boucuse's restaurant in Lyon, France?

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 03:39 AM
ph

Hi there! I would like to know, if you have been in Lyon, if is a nice place? I was thinking going there the next trip to France just because of the famous Bernachon chocolate that is made there. I would love to go to the Paul Boucuse's restaurant, but is must be very expensive and i doubt that i can really afford it (but who could blame me for dreaming, right?)Please, if you know the adress to those places and any tips about Lyon do not think twice and share! Thanks a lot in advance.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 03:50 AM
harzer

Did it ever occur to you to find it for yourself on the Net. It tok me 20 secs.
Key in 'Paul Bocuse'(note the spelling) and go to the site Centrale: Paul Bocuse
where you will find the Lyon address. Allow $200 per head for the meal.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 08:20 AM
Carol

Harzer: Snide comments are not welcome on this site. Just the helpful information is sufficient.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 09:04 AM
Al

In the Red Michelin Guide: Paul Bocuse, pont de Collonges N: 12 km par bords Saone (d433, D52), 69660 Collonges-au-Mont-d'Or; tel. 78 22 01 40. This would seem to mean that the Restaurant Paul Bocuse is 12 km north of Lyon at the Collonges Bridge in the village of Collonges-au-Mont-d'Or, postal code 69660. The telephone is as listed. The restaurant is on the banks of the Saone River, one of the two rivers that join at Lyon. Bon appetit!

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 09:19 AM
joelle

As far as the phone number is concerned, please do not forget to dial 04 (when in France) before the indicated number.
I recently went there and found the food to be a bit "heavy" and disappointing. Maybe they are relying a bit too much on their reputation. Anyway you have "decent" menus at various prices. Expect an average 800 FF (low figure) per person (ca. 120 US Dollars).

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 12:38 PM
ph

Thanks a lot everyone! You are so kind! (thank you, Carol!!) Harzer, I found out more info on the web site www.bocuse.fr, thanks for the tip (just be a little more kind the next time, ok? i'm not a computer afficionado!).