Reload this Page >

American/Iberia Codeshare Seat Assignment

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 02:04 PM
Happs

I just used my First USA credit card miles to book a ticket on American Airlines from Phoenix to Madrid with a stop and change of planes in Chicago, where I will board an American Airlines flight to Madrid operated by Iberia Airlines. Coming back to the states, the Madrid-Chicago flight will also be on an Iberia Airlines jet on an American Airlines. The travel agency that First USA uses was only able to give me confirmed seat assignment on the domestic end of the flight because they didn't have access to Iberia's seat map. After calling both Iberia and American Airlines and speaking to a supervisor at AA, I am not guaranteed a seat assignment until I arrive at the gate because it's a codeshare flight and no one's computers have permission to give me a seat assignment.<BR> What are the chances of getting an aisle seat when I arrive at the gate? How should I go about getting a seat of my preference? is there anything I can do or is it up to the gate agent I get?<BR> Another unrelated issue I found out a little late is that because I am flying on a codeshare and V class flight, I will only get 30 percent of the normal amount of miles for the Chicago-Madrid and Madrid-Chicago leg. Wish I was told this beforehand but oh well.<BR> Happs