Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know of a good travel agent or company selling discounted plane tickets to Europe???

Does anyone know of a good travel agent or company selling discounted plane tickets to Europe???

Old Jul 28th, 1998, 06:43 PM
Elsa

I'm planning a trip to Europe this September for my honeymoon and have heard lately of travel agencies selling discounted plane tickets. <BR>I have checked them out and there's just too many of them. <BR>I'd like to know of some good and reputable agencies that any of you have worked with lately. <BR>Do you really save money?? <BR>Thanks for your help everyone. <BR>Elsa

Old Jul 28th, 1998, 07:59 PM
roger the doger

<BR>Elsa, I am interested to know which city you wish to depart from and what is your destination in Europe. <BR>Booking withf a travel agent is better than booking direct with an airline, as you usually save money, as well, the travel agent has to make a living!! <BR>Regards <BR>p.s. dif I can be of assistance please reply to the above email.

Old Jul 29th, 1998, 05:02 PM
Jenn

Try www.TISS.com They are a front for consolidators, which will be hard to beat without resorting to airhitching. email me if you need any others.

Old Jul 29th, 1998, 07:08 PM
renee

<BR>I don't know if this will be of much help to you, but Air France is having a sale right now on flights to Madrid, Zurich, Milan, Paris, and Rome...for the most part, they are all a little under $500! The sale ends on Aug.7, but the thing is that you need to travel between Nov-March 99. If you have any luck with the consolidators,though, could you let me know? Thanks. (I am looking for inexpensive airline tickets for Europe also).

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 08:12 PM
yvonne

My husband and I were also looking for an inexpensive airfare in September. Praise the Lord that He answers prayers! We just booked RT tickets from LAX to London for $605, which includes a $70 airport tax. This was the cheapest I was able to find without having to travel in November-December. Call Jet Vacations at 1-800-JET0999.

Old Aug 9th, 1998, 08:36 PM
Mary

There is a company called Cheap Tickets and I have a family member who has used them and have also seen them mentioned in some of the other posts. They have a web site, I believe it is "www.cheaptickets.com" My brother has used them both the England and Hawaii and has always gotten very good deals and had no problems. I know they are located on the west coast and have an 800 #. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 07:21 AM
menius

Apparently British Airways are doing heaps of specials at the moment as they have heaps of spare seats on most flights. Might be worth checking out.

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 09:13 AM
Joan

Try Air France or Continental which are having promotions to France for $399 - you have to book by Aug 31...................... good luck <BR>