Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Does anyone know of a good hotel in Prague under $100 a night?

Does anyone know of a good hotel in Prague under $100 a night?

Jul 1st, 2000, 09:45 AM
richardab

Does anyone know of a good hotel in Prague under $100 a night?

Does anyone know of a good, clean hotel in Prague which is centrally located with good bathrooms, friendly service and comfy beds for under $100?

Jul 1st, 2000, 11:31 AM
Barbara

We have reservations for early October at the Hotel Balbin. Has en suite facilities. Buffet breakfast. Walking distance to the center of town. The rate for a double is $78.00. For $4.00 they are picking us up at the train station. This was arranged through A.V.E. It was recommended on this forum.

Jul 1st, 2000, 01:33 PM
Kelly C

We stayed at the Hotel Harmony which I booked through Expedia. It was about a 5 minute walk from the Old Town Square and 5 minutes from the Jewish Quarter. Clen rooms, private, clean bathroom with shower, friendly people. Beds were comfy for Europe!! We paid about $98 a night including taxes I believe (this was just 2 weeks ago).

Jul 1st, 2000, 04:54 PM
Linda

We stayed at Balbin 2 years ago & it is very nice & clean. It is on the top floors of an apartment building with locked door to street so safe (short flight of stairs to elevator). Bathroom is inside room & there are skylights. The staff speaks English and are very helpful. The breakfast is serve-yourself and very nice. The location is just a couple of blocks from the Muzeum Metro & Wenceslas Square. We were 2 females and never felt concened walking--just be cautious of pickpockets. See the Charles Bridge at night!!

Jul 2nd, 2000, 06:18 AM
Damian Morgan

I stayed at the Salvator Pension, which is very close to where the airport bus drops you off in the centre. The staff were very friendly, and the rooms large and clean. It was incredibly cheap, 45.00 per night for a double room with bathroom and breakfast.
I would avoid the Bethlem Club Hotel, it was awful and the staff were rude and unhelpful.
I've heard good things about the Grand Hotel Europa, but it's expensive.

Jul 3rd, 2000, 07:31 AM
sandi

Hotel Salvator was a 5 min walk to the old square and was very inexpensive. It had a wondrful breakfast bufffet and a friendly english-speaking staff. If you've never been, get ready to see a place that you'll remember forever..

Search this Thread