Search

CIT-TOURS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 06:36 AM
Linda

CIT-TOURS

Has anyone ever booked a trip through CIT-Tours? And, if so, did you have any problems? Thanks for the comments

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 06:54 AM
claire

I booked Italian rail tickets through them before I left for Italy. I had them in hand within four days in high season. No problems at all.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 08:56 PM
meg

They are pricey compared to Italia tours, esp. for independent vacations. For the exact same hotels, same dates, CIT charged as much as double what Italiatour charged. I booked my train tix w. them though and had no problem.

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Diane

Hi, Linda <BR> <BR>I used CIT for a Rome/Florence/Venice trip last year and thought it was perfect. It was independant and the hotels were all in great locations and the trip was reasonable compared to others using 4 star hotels. The customer service was great. We are using them again this year doing Romeand Sorrento, hopefully we won't be dispointed. I have also gotten rail tickets within a few days. Good luck planning... <BR>

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 02:07 PM
Kathy

Could you please share the web site for CIT-Tours? Thanks

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 02:54 PM
Diane

CIT Tours web: www.cit-tours.com <BR>1-800-248-7245 <BR> <BR>Good Luck... Diane

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Lisa

My DH just booked all of our Italian rail through them. He found them to be very knowledgable and efficient. We got the tix very quickly, too. We haven't been to Italy yet, so I guess it remains to be seen if it all worked. BTW, DH did mention that the first guy he spoke with had a terrible Queens accent (don't flame me -- we live in NYC ourselves), but was WAAAAY more knowledgeable than the guy he spoke to the next time he called whose English seemed better. Go figure.