Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have restaurant recommendations for Ischia Ponte?

Old Apr 13th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our hotel reservations May 3- May 6 are at Villa Durruelli, Ischia Ponte. Does anyone have a recommendation for lunch and/or dinner?

Breakfast will be at the hotel every day (included in the room rate).
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 06:50 PM

I know of Ristorante Alberto-I have had friends who were there and really enjoyed the food and the beautiful view-

www.albertoischia.it/
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 06:54 PM

Our favorite place was O Sole Mio, where we ate twice. It's along the water sort of between the port and the castello.

We also enjoyed the Orange Garden in town, particularly for lunch in the garden.
Old Apr 14th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Original Poster

I appreciate the responses. This is our first visit to Ischia, and it will be helpful having restaurant recommendations.
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

NeoPatrick,

Your recommendation of "O Sole Mio Ristorante" on the beach in Ischia Ponte was right on the money! (It was a 10-minute walk from Villa Durrelli.)

The risotto con scampi and asparagi was terrific. We have no complaints about the house red wine. Dessert was out-of-this world: Fresh strawberries and vanilla cream over a plain yellow cake - At my age, I've eaten a lot of desserts and this one ranks right up there.

The next afternoon we had a caprese pizza, which was fresh and tasty. The staff was efficient, but friendly, and the place was very clean.

The guy at the front (cashier), and maybe he is the owner, has a great sound system in this place. All his favorite songs are loaded on his computer under MY MUSIC and he clicks on the link to select the next song. Sort of like a tech-age juke box. My choice was Andrea Bocceli and he obliged.

There was a group of nice college kids from Harvard eating there, and they were nice enough to talk to the "old folks."

Thanks again.
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:28 PM

Glad that worked. I remember now that the first time there I ate mainly porcini. I remarked how beautiful the huge porcini looked and they prepared me an appetizer of grilled ones, then pasta with a TON of porcinis. Both were fantastic. The staff were very nice there!