Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Do you need a hotel with a pool in Capri?

Old Jun 19th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there on my honeymoon September 11-13 and have narrowed down my choices to Casa Morgano or La Minerva, how important is a pool when we are there , will we really use it? Any other hotel suggestions would also be welcome.
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 01:17 PM

I have always used the hotel pool extensively whenever on Capri. There are few beaches on the island and what's there are small, sometimes difficult to get to and many charge a fee. We usually stay at the Villa Brunella and love it. It has a pool with a breathtaking view. When we stay there, we usually walk down to the beach club at the Faragloni. I forgot how much they charge per person, probably around five euro now, but that won't include a chaise lounge. The walk down isn't so bad but the the walk back up to town is quite a hike. It's great to have the pool to jump into once back at the hotel. Early September is still very hot on Capri.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 01:39 AM
Bootman4U

Do you usually use pools when you stay in a hotel? If so, then I'd advise you to stay in a hotel with a pool there because it will probably still be warm enough to use it. Chances are, if you get a hotel without a pool you'll get there and wish you had one...better to be safe than sorry.

Old Jun 20th, 2003, 05:40 AM

Darling, of course you need a pool!! Are you daft?? There is nothing like lounging by the pool in the late afternoon, sipping a cocktail or cappuccino, before you go to dinner. It is part of the whole experience. Don't listen to some of these battery chickens who do their holidays on the cheap. YOU NEED A POOL! However, I think you can use the pool at Luna for a small fee. What you do is RENT a chair, which entitles you to use the pool. Capri can be very international jet set, and if you don't have a pool you will feel like poor relations. Ciao.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 05:31 AM

Good morning, fairsat
Have stayed at the EUROPA PALACE in
Anacapri and found it wonderful as well
as a very beautiful pool.. However
this hotel is on the high end, Look
into the HOTEL SYRENE (www.hotelsyrene.com) is a 3 star located in Capri about 5 mins from the
Pza Umberto. Has a terraced dining room
and was very impressed. Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 02:58 PM

With all the posts telling you how HOT it is currently, and normally in mid Sept, the daytime temps run about 80 degrees, I would say , YES, you do want a pool.....

I , too, would love to sit out under the moon and have a drink---overlooking the Med...Nothing, except a private balcony,could be more romantic....and this is your honeymoon...
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:59 AM

We stayed at Casa Morgano when we were there and the pool was a nice feature. You can have lunch by the pool if you like as well. Our room (and I think all of them) had a nice patio with sea views.