Do you know these Italian Hotels?

Oct 10th, 1997, 07:34 PM
W. Dailey

Do you know these Italian Hotels?

Our first trip to italy and we are sceptical about our lodging-If you know anything about these hotels that might ease our anxiety please let me know -thanks

Rome-Rome Best Western- Via Villa Franca
Rome-Best Western "Rivioli" Via Taramelli
Siena-Best Western "Hotel Executive"
Venice-Best Western-Hotel Bisanzio
Venice-Ramada Hotel Venice Via Orlanda

Oct 11th, 1997, 05:47 AM
Tom

Have you asked for the BW hotel guide-book. You may be able to see pics and get more details. Also, using a U.S. based hotel chain as you are, you may have an easier time obtaining refunds (if by chance you were not satisfied with your stay).

Oct 12th, 1997, 11:09 AM
steve

I stayed at the Bisanzio in Venice a couple of years ago. When we arrived they offered us either a room in the hotel or an apartment nearby- we looked at both -the room was clean and pleasant but small while the apartment was newly renovated and wonderful. For the same price we obviously chose the apt. They serve a nice continental breakfast in the very attractive dining room. The staff is very helpful. It is family run and the owner's son was excellent about restaurant reccomendations and reservations. The location is quiet and while there is no view, it is a very short walk to Plaza San Marcos. I know others who have stayed in the hotel and they were pleased as well.

Oct 15th, 1997, 11:46 AM
D. Spiegel

Best Western has a wonderful web page. You can even see photos of their hotels. That's how I found a great hotel in Santa Margherita.

Oct 20th, 1997, 05:28 PM
Rod

You may want to have your travel agent check out the Ramada Hotel "Venice." I think it's actually in Mestre, on the mainland.

Oct 21st, 1997, 04:34 AM
Kathy Kaleta

Stayed at the Hotel Bisanzio in summer of 1995. Hotel is clean, rooms are on the small side. Staff very helpful. Would recommend it. Caution, watch out for "private tour in water taxi of Murano glass factory." We were solicited by hotel clerk to take this tour before we did any sightseeing. It was a mistake. Lots of pressure to buy overpriced glassware. Purchased a bowl for $250. Later saw same bowl in Venice proper for $75!!!!

Oct 21st, 1997, 04:54 PM
Marcy Levinson

Why would you want to stay in big American Chain hotels in Italy? You could be anywhere in the world in some of these hotels. In my opinion, small charming hotels are the best way to: get the flavor of an area, meet other travellers who share info, obtain expert advice from a friendly staff, stay away from the busiest tourist spots, and save money while enjoying the culture you are visiting. We spent 2 weeks in smaller hotels in asstd. areas of Italy in July and had excellent experiences in all of them- biggest had 36 rooms.