Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

DO YOU KNOW A GOOD CHEAP HOTEL *** IN VENICE

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 12:51 PM
Nigel Arnold

My wife and I are planning to go to Venice for a long weekend in October. We are looking for a good but average price Hotel (50 per person B&B or less).

Any suggestions and if possible details of how to contact. Has anyone stayed in the Bernardi Semenzato or similar? Good central location would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 05:43 PM
Debbie

My husband and I stayed at the Ai Do Mori three years ago. It is basic but clean and breakfast is optional. The cost then was about $80.00 w/o breakfast. I understand there is one really nice room with a view. The best thing about it is that it is one and 1/2 blocks from St. Marks, just through the clock tower. We were awakened Sunday morning with the fabulous pealing bells of St. Marks. The location couldn't be beat. I don't have the phone number, but it is listed in a couple of the travel guides. I would go to a bookstore and flip through them to find the phone number. Have a great time.

Old Sep 12th, 1997, 04:54 AM
Rhea

Have not stayed @ Ai Due Mori, Calle Larga,
San Marco, tel 041-520-48-17. Guidebook says it only has 11 rooms some w/bathrooms. Cost is $62/nite. Hope this info helps.

Old Sep 12th, 1997, 09:10 AM
sulley

if you don't mind travelling rough try
the youth hostels
there are 3 official ones
they are $10/night including breakfast
stay ouside the island part of the venice
stay on some of the other islands there
are three i know of one is a fisheman's island, another is for lace making, another is for glass making or stay neaar the academia which is near the peggy guggenheim museum on the opposite side of the water

Old Sep 13th, 1997, 05:18 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Nigel, Check out the Villa Albertina at the Venice
Lido---they have their own web site and staying
at the Lido can be fun.